Sr. Buyer - Raw/Direct Material
The corporate senior buyer oversees procurement activities for raw materials and direct materials used for the manufacturing of wheels in our seven NA plants and distribution centers. The senior buyer supports each manufacturing site to reach their business growth plan, including savings plan goals and targets, by negotiating contracts and implementing projects, services and processes that leverage cross-plant purchases for maximum value (e.g., lowest cost, best quality, on-time-delivery, sustainability). The senior buyer will ensure sufficient levels of inventory and a continuous flow of supplies for raw and direct materials. They will assist and/or lead key supplier negotiations with commodity managers and support contract execution by plant supply chain operations.
- Assist in developing and executing supply chain strategies for component and raw material commodities that enable Accuride plants to achieve goals and objectives.
- Lead and manage procurement activities at each BU providing clear communication and direction with regards to the procurement goals and initiatives.
- Benchmark, analyze, and review specific raw material markets and indices for cost improvement opportunities.
- Utilize Accuride’s data resources to create and execute math models for operations and sales to incorporate a sensitivity analysis between commodity pricing, freight and mechanism trigger points. Monitor the steel, aluminum, and scrap markets and stay up-to-date with the changing markets domestically and globally.
- Assist in developing a global, strategic supplier base that provides the highest level of quality, service, and delivery of parts and services, at the most competitive total cost.
- Establish key supplier partnerships and assist in negotiating long-term agreements.
- Formulate and communicate implementation of supplier partnerships at all Accuride manufacturing facilities.
- Lead continuous improvement (CI) cross-functional cost reduction teams.
- Lead identification and implementation of best practices in sourcing for Accuride factories globally
- Work with the Global Supply Chain department to develop and lead specific, markedly effective projects to reduce supply chain cost and complexity. Such projects will require cross functional interaction with Engineering, Marketing, and Operations.
- Act as a shared resource for NA Accuride Plant Supply Chain teams to consolidate supplier communications for shared raw material suppliers, including tasks like Supplier Scorecards and Supplier Audit requirements.
- Assist in development and design of lean supply chain processes and systems to reduce administrative costs.
- Effective communication with all levels of staff to achieve objectives.
- Ensure effective and consistent administration of all company policies, procedures, programs, and systems.
- Ensure compliance relative to the procurement/sourcing cycle with all governing laws and regulations.
- Monitor the steel, aluminum, and scrap markets and stay up-to-date with the changing markets both domestically and globally.
- Manage conflict materials reporting
- Temporarily fill in as support for plant SC personnel, if appropriate, when needed.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Purchasing, Engineering, or related field.
- A minimum of five years experience in purchasing or supply chain management functions.
- Experience with raw material commodity markets.
- Professional certification in Purchasing (CPM) and/or Materials Management (CPIM) desired.
- Experience with Supply Chain software platforms and e-auctions preferred.
- Competency in lean sigma techniques and demonstrate the ability to lead change; Six Sigma black belt or green belt certification desired.
- Strong negotiating skills and a solid understanding of market dynamics.
- Firm understanding of business processes and ability to transform functions into processes.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills with proven success in leading change across an organization.
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft applications.