Quality & Lean/CI Manager
This position is accountable for the strategy, administration, and direction of an integrated management system for Quality, Environmental, Health, Safety and Lean, managing all aspects of the quality assurance and inspection systems; has functional responsibility for improving quality processes and for designing and implementing systems to ensure process effectiveness and documentation accuracy in order to meet customer requirements and maintain ISO9001:2015 / IATF-16949 certification. This position is also responsible for product quality, customer satisfaction and the tracking of related performance metrics and collaborates with EH&S for business integration within Erie Facility. Additional oversight responsibilities include the Lean Manufacturing & Continuous Improvement initiatives for the Erie Facility.
- Develop strategy, design, implement and maintain processes and systems administration and direction of an integrated management system for Quality, Environmental, Health, Safety and Lean that ensure the quality system is in compliance with organizational and ISO9001:2015 / IATF-16949 expectations and standards and linked to ISO 14001 and the intent of ISO 45001
- Assure conformance to product specifications, through inspection practices, nonconformance control, gauge control, statistical process control, advanced quality planning, corrective actions, preventative actions, mistake-proofing methodologies, measurement systems analysis, process capabilities analysis and the use of company level data and customer satisfaction.
- Analyze system effectiveness, establish strategy and manage an internal/external auditing process for ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001, and present system performance reports to the Director of Operations and plant management staff on a monthly basis (reports on status of the IATF-16949, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 management system on an as-needed basis).
- Investigate and resolve quality issues, respond to customer complaints and visit customer locations on a routine basis to ensure an optimum level of customer satisfaction and drives compliance to customer specific and specifications while being scalable and appropriate for the organization and product portfolio
- Design and implement communications and training/mentoring programs and processes to ensure an understanding of system requirements and to develop a high level of competence with inspection and other affected personnel as well as linkages to material respect, environmental, health, safety and lean principles.
- Direct the development, implementation and documentation of training and development activities for inspection personnel and assist in the advancement of a facility-wide plan to continuously improve product quality
- Design and implement supplier and subcontractor communications and audit processes to maintain raw material quality.
- Oversee Continuous Improvement initiatives; actively participates on and/or leads CI teams that accomplish target results.
Required Skills, Education & Experience:
- A BS degree in Engineering or a related field (MS degree a definite plus).
- Minimum of ten years of Quality Management experience in a manufacturing environment (prior automotive industry affiliation desired); Six Sigma certification desired.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the ISO9001:2015 / IATF-16949 quality standards, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001; ability to design, implement and coordinate quality systems and manufacturing processes.
- Advanced interpersonal communications and presentation skills for position effectiveness when interacting with internal and external customers.
- Outstanding written communications skills to effectively develop policies, instructional materials, progress reports, and to respond to customer concerns.
- Proficient in APQP, VDA/FMEA, PPAP, SPC and internal auditing.
- Possess a working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and Six Sigma techniques.
- Thorough understanding of customer quality specifications, safety processes, and company policies and procedures.
- Possess an understanding of Lean Manufacturing and the Continuous Improvement (CI) process, including program management.