Production technicians are responsible for:
- Safely operating automated, semi-automated and non-automated production machines and equipment
- Keeping production flowing
- Meeting performance goals
- Maintaining high level of product and process quality.
Technicians do various types of work such as operating various types of production machinery and equipment, performing line/machine changeovers and set up’s, performing minor preventative and/or emergency maintenance on machinery/equipment and packaging and shipping products to customers. Technicians are expected to work in teams, collaborate, solve problems and take initiative required to ensure that work is performed safely, and products are manufactured and shipped on time and within quality standards.
Operates or controls various manual, automatic or semi-automatic production machines and robots following safety guidelines, procedures and regulations to produce and assemble rims, disc and wheels. Duties may include:
- Entering commands to start manual, automatic or semi-automatic equipment
- Positioning parts on machines
- Aligning parts on machine
- Activating and operating manual, and robotic controlled machines and equipment via the use of hand, foot or computer controls
- Observing robotic operation and monitoring screen of machine controller to identify equipment operation issues or equipment malfunction.
- Performing minor maintenance on production machinery and production equipment.
- Setting up and changing over production equipment
- Inspecting and measuring rims, disc and wheels that are produced to verify conformance to specifications using measuring instruments and gages.
- Loading material onto racks or pallets
- Performing packaging functions and preparing product for shipment
- Operating forklifts to deliver parts, place parts into inventory or to load tractor trailers for shipment to customers
- Conducting quality checks to ensure processes are completed accurately.
- Cleaning equipment and manufacturing areas.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions (i.e. work instruction, quality specifications, safety regulations, workplace policies and procedures)
- Ability to collect, analyze, integrate and interpret information
- Ability to operate industrial equipment and machinery
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to use basic hand and measuring tools
- Skills in basic mathematics and reading
- Ability to solve production related problems and resolve conflict
- Ability to follow safety standards and rules