Manufacturing Manager- Machining
This position is responsible for the leadership, management, and performance of the Gunite, Rockford
Manufacturing Value Streams (Foundry-Machining-Hubs/Slacks-Maintenance). The associated duties include, but are not limited to: developing a long-range manufacturing strategy and operational plan for the facility to support Gunite’s overall business strategy; building a strong, leadership-oriented management team; ensuring the facility provides outstanding products and services to its customers through high quality, competitive costs, and on-time delivery; providing leadership and direction in the “day to day” operations of the facility; driving the continuous improvement of processes and the implementation of new technologies; fostering business growth opportunities and implementing product and facility expansions; developing organizational strength and robustness; and ensuring facility operation in compliance with Company policies and all laws.
- Develop a manufacturing environment that ensures a safe and environmentally responsible production process.
- Develop, implement, and control plans and budgets to ensure the strategic and operational effectiveness of the plant. Meet or exceed all operating metrics.
- Create and communicate a vision for the plant that unites objectives and values into a suitable operating climate for the facility. Engage the workforce so they understand the business challenge and “enlist” as key stakeholders.
- Serve as a role model and coach for the competencies associated with leadership.
- Direct production and ensure cost effectiveness and consistency with prescribed quality, accuracy, and performance standards.
- Maintain plant property and equipment in good condition to ensure compliance with governmental regulations and to ensure effective and economical operations.
- Prepare and submit operating reports to management to inform them of the current production status and to make recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assure effective customer service and relations through timely delivery of quality product.
- Select, train, develop and motivate staff to maximize plant effectiveness. Ensure that the plant’s bench strength planning process generate the requisite talent on a timely basis throughout the entire facility.
- Assure compliance of all plant operations with company policy and Federal, state, and local regulations.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a manufacturing, engineering or business-related field
- Minimum of five years highly successful managerial/leadership experience in a progressive manufacturing environment. Prior experience as a plant manager is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully leading a unionized workforce. Applied knowledge of labor laws, labor negotiations and day-to-day management within the confines of a collective bargaining agreement.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills. Able to establish and develop rapport with others, especially in culturally difficult environments.
- Demonstrated ability to create an organizational culture based on high performance, employee involvement, continuous improvement, teaming and more.
- Strong ability to plan, execute and control at both strategic and operational levels. Strong project management skills to manage / coordinate extensive internal and external project resources.
- Comprehensive and applied knowledge of manufacturing philosophies, operations, processes and related technologies. Strong knowledge of customer shipping requirements, inventory control, production scheduling, plant/equipment maintenance, and engineering systems and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in quality systems, tools and procedures (ISO, IATF 16949) and related customer quality standards and requirements. Experience in the transportation sector is a plus.
- Work history of driving organization focus and results through metrics, integrated goal setting and continuous feedback.
- Working knowledge of key supporting functions (finance, IT, HR, sales & marketing). Ability to involve and leverage through staff functions to optimize the plant’s success.
- Excellent understanding and ability to develop and manage capital and expense budgets.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems and lead teams to solve complex problems.
- Ability to build effective partnerships with internal and external customers.
- Proficient with PCs and Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, and more)
Key Business Skills and On-The-Job Behaviors
- Being Innovative & Adaptive – Challenges the status quo and generates creative solutions to work situations. Open to new ideas and responds quickly to opportunities when they arise. Interacts effectively with people from diverse backgrounds, overcomes barriers, and shows resilience in the face of adversity and failure.
- Driving for Results – Sets standards of excellence and continuously strives for measurable improvement. Holds him/herself and others accountable for achieving goals and creating a culture where appropriate risk taking is encouraged and supported.
- Focusing on the Customer – Forms active working relationships with internal and external customers by anticipating, analyzing, and responding quickly to opportunities, needs, and problems. Understands the importance of satisfying customer requirements.
- Fostering Open Communication & Teamwork – Listens well and encourages the open expression of ideas. Recognizes and accepts diverse opinions. Works with others both as a leader and as a team member towards shared goals related to business objectives. Provides resources to the team, does what is promised, shares information with team, supports team decisions, and recognizes team contributions.
- Quality and Continual Improvement – Is aware of and understands Accuride’s Quality Policy and Quality Objectives and how they affect his/her job. Contributes substantially to Accuride’s CI initiatives related to revenue enhancement, cost reduction, process improvement, waste elimination, and more. Serves on and/or leads CI teams that accomplish target results. Pursues CI initiatives related to one’s own job and function.
- Using Sound Judgment and Decision Making – Makes effective decisions based on logical assumptions and adequate information. Effective decisions take into consideration resources, constraints, and organizational values.
Accuride Wheel End Solutions Gunite - Rockford, IL, USA Rockford, IL United States (815) 490-6245