This position has the following responsibilities: Work in the IT Support Center to provide first level support to user issues and requests. Support network infrastructure and client hardware and software.
- Work in the IT Support Center answering, supporting, solving and assigning calls as required.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to solve user PC and network related issues.
- React to and resolve assigned Helpdesk calls within a reasonable period, to include completing adequate procedure and resolution documentation pertaining to the call.
- Install software, hardware and basic network infrastructure wiring and devices.
- Strive to do work that is as transparent as possible, that minimizes inconvenience to customers.
- Search for and assist in establishing methods that eliminate recurrent problems and reduce required support time.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
- Basic understanding of the organization’s business and its information needs
- Proficiency with Microsoft desktop software and operating systems
- Basic understanding of Ethernet.
- Moderate understanding of Personal Computer Architecture and configuration
- Analytical skills and the ability to understand the logic reasoning used to troubleshoot
- Planning and organization skills to work on multiple tasks and meet user demands
- Very good interpersonal communication skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Full time enrollment in a B.S. program working toward a degree in Computer Science or related field.
Accuride Corporate Headquarters, Evansville, IN, USA Evansville, IN United States (812) 962-5000