Internal Sales Specialist (Customer Service)
Responsible for all aspects of inside sales for specific set of accounts. Provides customer with order management, order status, product availability, pricing, technical assistance, RMAs, and many other common customer inquires. In addition, the Specialist will be responsible for contacting both current and potential customers to identify interest in Accuride products and promotions as well as provide them with literature. Responsible for following policies and procedures that ensure that all orders in the system are complete and accurate. Specialist will be required to analyze orders in order to identify trends or issues that may cause customers to be improperly serviced. In addition, Specialists will be required to participate in continuous improvement and process improvement initiatives.
- Act as the primary contact for a specific set of external customer accounts. Responsible for proper order management (including required documentation), level loading of orders on production facilities, provide customers with order status, product availability, pricing, technical assistance, and any other issues or concerns, or contact appropriate functional areas to obtain resolution for customers.
- Responsible for EDI accums reconciliation, reviewing exception reports for issues that would delay processing of customer orders, as well as accessing customer portals to ensure customer orders are entered and special requirements are met.
- Follow Accuride’s processes on customer orders that do not meet lead time, minimum order quantities, etc. to best meet and balance both the customer’s and Accuride’s requirements, suggest additional and/or alternative products to meet customer needs.
- Responsible for upselling to customers by contacting both current and potential customers to identify interest in Accuride products and promotions, upselling to full pallet quantities, and helping customer increase order to meet pre-paid freight thresholds.
- Track key performance indicators, capture voice of customer concerns and identify and implement resolutions and enter this info on monthly ISS scorecards that are reviewed with management.
- Review and assign specific reason codes to past due orders on monthly basis.
- Ability to work with other functional areas, including 3PLs, to resolve issue and manage customer orders.
- Share customer build-rate changes and special orders to Sales and Forecasting.
- Participate in process improvement and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Follow process to enter customers’ new ship to locations in system.
- Coordinate between the customer and the plants when the issuance of a Return Material Authorization is needed.
- Capture customer service opportunities and escalate to manager for follow up and improvement.
- Analyze the reason codes on the Performance Metrics file. Work with facilities to accurately identify and report codes
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, or equivalent experience.
- Preferably 4-7 years of customer service/order entry experience in an electronically scheduled automotive supply environment.
- Ability to work with customers in a cooperative manner to resolve issues.
- Ability to work under pressure and balance numerous customer priorities.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours to support the requirements of Accuride if needed.
- Excellent professional written/verbal communication, organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding, knowledge, and application of Customer Service processes.
- Experience with EDI, ERP systems, MRP, Plex preferred.
- Ability to recognize customer trends and adapt programs to customer needs.
- Knowledge of and experience with products, shipping requirements, order fulfillment, and pricing structure.
- Ability to gather, analyzes, and evaluates customer data regarding customer build rates.
- Intermediate understanding of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams, Outlook, WebEx, and messaging systems.
- Intrinsically motivated, organized, and detail oriented.
- Demonstrate understanding of customer requirements.
- Understand and apply quality and continuous improvement principles.
- Understand that the responsibility for quality and continuous improvement is shared by everyone.