Internal Sales Specialist
Responsible for all aspects of foreign and domestic inside sales, telemarketing, and order management. Provides customer with information about order statuses, product availability, pricing, technical assistance, and many other common customer inquires. In addition the specialist will be responsible for contacting both current and potential customers to identify interest in Accuride products as well as provide them with literature. Responsible for following policies and procedures that ensure that all orders in the system are accurate. Specialist will be required to analyze orders in order to identify trends or issues that may cause customers to be improperly serviced. In addition, specialists will be required to participate in continuous improvement and process improvement initiatives.
- Act as the primary contact for external customers both foreign and domestic, primarily being responsible for taking, confirming and managing orders. Strive to exceed the customer’s service expectations by attaining first-level call resolution, thus eliminating the need for callbacks.
- Responsible for accurate order entry, obtaining appropriate order documentation, maintaining and analyzing open orders, and picking loads for shipment. Also responsible for monitoring picked orders and taking necessary action to avoid any late deliveries.
- Provide customer with information about order status, product availability, pricing, technical assistance, and any other issues of concern. Also responsible for suggesting additional and/or alternative products to meet customer needs.
- Ensure that “drop-in” orders are managed in a manner that balances Accuride’s and the customer’s needs. Document customer lead-time violations in order to assign appropriate freight charges for “drop-in” orders and communicate those charges to the customer.
- Report customer build-rate changes and special orders to Sales and Forecasting.
- Accept customer warranty information and process warranty claims.
- Responsible for EDI and Spot Order Management consisting of reconciling accums & RMS contracts and checking error reports as well as resetting EDI contract accums as requested by the customer.
- Participate in process improvement and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Effectively address customer complaints.
- Responsible for foreign and domestic inside sales and telemarketing. Specialist to contact current and potential customers to identify interest in Accuride products as well as provide them with Accuride literature. Setup face-to-face meetings with a salesperson and the customer to close the sale.
- Analyze orders by looking for trends or issues that may cause customers not to be serviced properly. Ensure load optimization, reconcile spot and EDI orders, document freight issues, manage RMS contracts, report on customer lead-time violations,
- Create ECM codes for new customers that require ASNs or electronic invoices.
- Fill out and maintain premium freight forms for charges that are Accuride responsibility.
- Coordinate between the customer and the plants when the issuance of a Return Material Authorization is needed.
- Report customer dissatisfaction to manager for follow up and improvement.
- Responsible for accurate data collection and on time reporting of the Customer Drop In (CDI) report.
- Analyze the reason codes on the Performance Metrics/CEA file. Adjust and maintain the codes to accurately show Customer Service’s order accuracy.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, or equivalent experience.
- 4-7 years of customer service/order entry experience in an electronically scheduled automotive supply environment.
- Ability to work with customers in a cooperative manner to resolve issues.
- Ability to work under pressure and balance numerous customer priorities.
- Ability to work in a “team” environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours to support the requirements of Accuride
- Excellent written/verbal communication, organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding, knowledge, and application of Customer Service processes.
- Experience with Electronic Order Entry, EDI, and CRM Systems, with experience in BPCS preferred.
- Ability to recognize customer trends and adapt programs to customer needs.
- Knowledge of and experience with products, product codes, shipping requirements, order fulfillment, and pricing structure.
- Ability to gather, analyzes, and evaluates customer data regarding customer build rates.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications and applicable Materials Management software.
- Basic understanding of MS Word and Excel, Internet and Email.
- Intrinsically motivated, organized, & detail oriented.
- Demonstrate understanding of customer requirements.
- Understand and apply quality and continuous improvement principles.
- Understand that the responsibility for quality and continuous improvement is shared by everyone.
Accuride Corporate Headquarters, Evansville, IN, USA Evansville, IN United States (812) 962-5000