Electrical Controls Technician
This position is accountable for providing electrical and maintenance services and support to the Henderson Plant. Performs various types of mechanical and electrical work on production machinery and equipment, as well as perform facility maintenance functions. May work alone or in teams, they must collaborate to solve problems, be responsive to their customers and take initiative required to ensure that machines and equipment functioning are optimized.
Maintains and repairs various manual, automatic, or semi-automatic production machines such as robots, hard automation, mechanical and hydraulic presses, and hydraulic and pneumatic forming and cutting machines.
- Removing, replacing, and/or repairing manual, automatic or semi-automatic production machines, robotic equipment, and maintenance equipment.
- Identifying specific vendors for tasks and ordering parts for machines and equipment repairs.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, machine drawings, schematics, etc.
- Troubleshooting equipment problems.
- Troubleshooting and repairing robots.
- Troubleshooting and repairing programmable controllers.
- Training Production Technicians and Process Technicians to do minor maintenance functions.
- Perform or ensure that preventive maintenance tasks are completed.
- Staying current and updating PM procedures.
- Effective communication with all levels of staff to achieve objectives herein.
- Ensure effective and consistent administration of all company policies, procedures, programs, and systems.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
- Electrical, mechanical, or multi-craft skills, education/certifications and experience required.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in manufacturing industry – skilled trade preferred.
- Must have strong leadership skills to plan, organize and perform a variety of projects. Must have proven ability to lead and function within a team.
- Must be able to prioritize work and work flexibly to accommodate production needs.
- Basic understanding of the organization’s business and its production needs.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Plex, and Autodesk Vault
- Analytical skills and the ability to understand the logic and reasoning used to troubleshoot.
- Planning and organization skills to work on multiple tasks and meet production demands.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of safety, OSHA, and ANSI Compliance standards
- Mechanical Skills/Knowledge/Experience Required:
Metal fabrications Print reading Pneumatics
Hydraulics Robotics Gearing Principles
Pumps Conveyor Systems
Piping and Valves Shaft Alignment Filters and Strainers
Steam Predictive/preventative maintenance
- Technical Manuals and PM procedures interpretation, Corrections, and Modifications.
- NFPA 70E Arc Flash Awareness training
- Electrical Safe Work Practices Training
- National Electrical Code (NEC/NFPA 70)
- ISO/Nema/IEC/Ria/NFPA 79 Standards
- Wiring and Schematic Interpretation, Corrections, and Modifications.
- Digital and Analog Multi-meter, Meg-Ohm Meter, Clamp Meter.
- Troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining, and modifying:
- Electrical Circuits, Power Distribution Equipment, Control Devices, Relay Logic,
- Motors, Motor Control Circuits, AC & DC Drivers, Machine Safeguarding Systems,
- Control Systems (PLC, etc.) Equipment, Motion control Equipment, Robotics
- Equipment, CNC Equipment, HMI Equipment, Control System Networks,
- Instrumentation, Vision Systems, Solid State Components.
- Advanced use of Software Skills:
Asset Centre RS Logix 5 RS Logix 5000
RS Linx Drive Executive GML Commander
G-Series Field Setup Hyper Terminal Motoman FDE
Autodesk Vault PanelBuilder32 PanelBuilder 1400E
RS View32 Readwin 2000 Robot Pro 3.0
Factory Talk View Studio ODS Cognex In-Sight Explorer
MS Project Ethernet Networking Studio5000
- Advanced Troubleshooting Skills
- All Available Electrical Test Skills Equipment