This position is responsible for the leadership, management, and performance of Accuride’s Henderson, KY facility. The associated duties include, but are not limited to: developing a long-range manufacturing strategy and operational plan for the facility to support Accuride’s overall business strategy; building a strong, leadership-oriented Management Team; ensuring the facility provides outstanding products and services to its customers through high quality, competitive costs, and on-time delivery; providing leadership and direction in the “day to day” operations of the facility; driving the continuous improvement of processes and the implementation of new technologies; fostering business growth opportunities and implementing product and facility expansions; developing organizational strength and robustness; and ensuring facility operation in compliance with Company policies and all laws.
- Develop a manufacturing environment that ensures a safe and environmentally responsible production process.
- Develop, implement and control plans and budgets to ensure the strategic and operational effectiveness of the plant. Meet or exceed all operating metrics.
- Create and communicate a vision for the plant that unites objectives and values into a suitable operating climate for the facility. Engage the workforce so they understand the business challenge and “enlist” as key stakeholders.
- Serve as a role model and coach for the competencies associated with leadership.
- Direct production and ensure cost effectiveness and consistency with prescribed quality, accuracy, and performance standards.
- Maintain plant property and equipment in good condition to ensure compliance with governmental regulations and to ensure effective and economical operations.
- Prepare and submit operating reports to management to inform them of the current production status and to make recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assure effective customer service and relations through timely delivery of quality product.
- Select, train, develop and motivate staff to maximize plant effectiveness. Ensure that the plant’s bench strength planning process generate the requisite talent on a timely basis throughout the entire facility.
- Assure compliance of all plant operations with company policy and Federal, state, and local regulations.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in a manufacturing, engineering or business-related field
- Master’s degree in advanced manufacturing or business administration –desirable
- Minimum of ten years highly successful managerial/leadership experience in a progressive manufacturing environment. Prior experience as a plant manager is preferred.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills. Able to establish and develop rapport with others, especially in culturally difficult environments.
- Demonstrated ability to create an organizational culture based on high performance, employee involvement, continuous improvement, teaming and more.
- Strong ability to plan, execute and control at both strategic and operational levels. Strong project management skills to manage / coordinate extensive internal and external project resources.
- Comprehensive and applied knowledge of manufacturing philosophies, operations, processes and related technologies. Strong knowledge of customer shipping requirements, inventory control, production scheduling, plant/equipment maintenance, and engineering systems and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in quality systems, tools and procedures (ISO and TS16949) and related customer quality standards and requirements. Experience in the transportation sector a plus.
- Work history of driving organization focus and results through metrics, integrated goal setting and continuous feedback.
- Working knowledge of key supporting functions (finance, IT, HR, sales & marketing). Ability to involve and leverage through staff functions to optimize the plant’s success.
- Excellent understanding and ability to develop and manage capital and expense budgets.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems and lead teams to solve complex problems.
- Ability to build effective partnerships with internal and external customers.
- Proficient with PCs and Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, and more)
Accuride Wheels - Henderson, KY, USA Henderson, KY United States (270) 826-5000