Director/Global Financial Reporting & Accounting
Business: Accuride Corporation
Facility: Evansville Headquarters
Human Resources Contact: Karen Sumner
This position will be located in Evansville, IN and will have the following responsibilities: monthly closing activities which include the preparation and oversight of the US GAAP consolidated financial statements, SEC and or AICPA disclosures, general ledger account analysis, researching accounting guidance, aiding in the compilation and publishing of specified internal management reports, and acting as the lead contact in relation to communications with our independent public accounting firm. This position will be responsible for coordinating multiple assignments in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner. This position will assist in maintaining documentation for internal control compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act from a primary control’s perspective. This position is the lead for technical accounting review/dissemination as new pronouncements come to pass within the organization. Finally, this position will manage/oversee the centralized general accounting functions housed in the North American corporate office.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Accounting or Finance related field
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the public accounting field, CPA designation required
- 3+ years’ experience in SEC or bank compliance (AICPA) reporting for a company (direct or indirect); Experience with bank compliance reporting requirements within a privately held company is a plus
- 5+ years in a Corporate Accounting related position/setting
- Experience with external auditor interaction and point person activity (includes accounting memo write up’s etc..)
- Solid understanding of US GAAP and IFRS
- Excellent analytical and technical accounting skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, for internal and external communications
- Excellent personal computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Proficiency in external reporting software; Workday experience preferred
- Demonstrated success in performing complex assignments, with an ability to interface effectively with a broad range of internal and external people
- Energetic, creative, and thorough with a bias toward actions and results
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
Posting Expires: 11/01/2019
- Management and preparation of consolidated financial statements (actual/budget/forecast).
- Management and preparation of disclosures for SEC/AICPA reporting compliance.
- Assist, as needed, in preparation of various reports for senior management or corporate-wide distribution.
- Responsible for research on complex accounting issues facing the corporation as assigned and providing guidance and recommendations on acceptable treatments on issues.
- Responsible for performing certain month end tasks, such as analytic preparation, trial balance analysis, and other various analysis. General ledger account reconciliation/oversight responsibilities will vary.
- Assist in documentation of internal controls for Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance as it relates to primary controls in the functional area being managed
- Assist in annual budget preparation (including Corporate details and other consolidations)
- Preparation & posting of journal entries, and account reconciliation reports – as necessary.
- Responsible for completing/overseeing various U.S. census surveys as required.
- Responsible for approval/upkeep of mapping for new accounts/account hierarchy requests as it relates to our PLEX ERP system and Workday consolidation software.
- Responsible for maintaining non-cash stock-based compensation expense reporting.
- Assist in the oversight of Global Pension/OPEB accounting with third party actuarial firm.
- Oversee process of any statutory reporting to US GAAP adjustments on a consolidated basis.
- Manage the Bank EBITDA Adjustments file and how that ties to debt agreements/covenants.
- Manage centralized general accounting functions housed in North American corporate office.
Accuride Corporate Headquarters, Evansville, IN, USA Evansville, IN United States (812) 962-5000