Human Resources Contact: Ken Miller
This position will be located in Livonia, MI and will serve as the finance business partner to the Accuride Wheel End Solutions (AWES) business unit. Responsible for budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning on both a short term and long term basis; reporting and financial analysis related to the distribution facilities and 3rd party logistics provider(s); ongoing monitoring of performance versus plan for the distribution footprint; implementation and maintenance of accounting practices per company policy/guidelines.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
- B.S. degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting preferred (MBA a plus)
- 7-10 years of progressively responsible financial/accounting experience in a Corporation with a multi-site manufacturing environment
- Broad corporate business background and demonstrated working knowledge of FP&A, accounts payable, inventory accounting, internal reporting, general accounting, internal control, and fixed assets
- Knowledge of US GAAP requirements for financial reporting, including a general understanding of accounting practices and financial controls.
- Broad-based understanding of the Commercial Vehicle Industry preferred
- Ability to accommodate periodic travel for short periods of time
- Ability to analyze data and make sound decisions based on recommendations and findings
- Excellent analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, for internal and external communications
- Experience with process flow management and ability to identify improvement opportunities preferred
- Demonstrated success in performing complex assignments with an ability to interface effectively with a broad range of internal and external people with proven success working in a team environment
- Self-directed, with a continuous improvement mindset
- Working experience with PLEX, Workday or other ERP systems preferred
- Excellent personal computer skills at Power User Level in Microsoft applications
Posting Expires: 10/19/2019
- Oversee and lead the financial management of the entire Accuride Distribution footprint.
- Provide analysis, insight, and recommended actions to drive achievement of revenue, cost management, and working capital objectives.
- Ensure that organization is providing the Distribution footprint the proper tools for success in delivering appropriate financial results/metrics.
- Assist in the planning and execution of strategic and operational initiatives and utilize functional resources in the best manner for goal accomplishment.
- Provide timely, accurate, and consistent reporting and analysis of Distribution facility results per the requirements of Accuride’s financial policies and procedures.
- Assist, manage, and continually improve the development of all financial, accounting, and budgetary reports and processes.
- Lead preparation of budgets and forecasts on a quarterly and yearly basis to ensure consistency, compliance, and understanding.
- Provide support in inventory analysis (i.e. slow moving, obsolescence, and LCM reserves).
- Complete month-end closing per Accuride’s financial policies and US GAAP. Review account balance reconciliations and certifications as required for internal control requirements (for 3 legal entities across 9 separate general ledgers (separate ERP “divisions”).
- Work with Supply Chain and plant staff to establish annual standard cost models for Distribution parts (including imported products).
- Assist with the annual physical inventory processes for all DC’s
- Provide timely, accurate, and consistent monthly and quarterly reporting packages to ownership, internal management team, and board of directors.
- Perform ad-hoc business analytics to assist management in accurate decision making.
- Identify and develop strategies to reduce working capital.
- Account for royalty income.
- Upload and maintain financial actual, budgets, and forecasts in consolidating financial reporting system (Workday). Create financial reports within Workday as required.
- Review and approve PO’s in accordance with Accuride’s delegation of authority.
- Assist Manager of Pricing related to significant quotes, overall pricing strategy, and margin analysis by part, product line, and customer.
- Support annual external financial audit by providing required documentation and analysis to substantiate year-end financial statement balances.