CNC Lathe Technician
This position is responsible for maintenance, troubleshooting and continuous improvement of CNC Metal Spinning Lathes. Keeping production flowing by meeting performance goals, support to achieve current and future plant-wide strategic manufacturing objectives. Maintaining a high level of product and process quality. The position assist in all levels of maintaining production, processes, and technology and drives the continuous improvement of existing manufacturing systems. Maintaining a safe working environment in accordance with Accuride’ s practices and standards.
- Safety is our first priority at Accuride Henderson, KY. Participation in safety practices at all levels from PPE to forklift operation, as well as watching for pedestrian traffic is paramount for our employee’s safety. We all go home safely.
- Participation in 5s systems to support safety, cleanliness, and overall efficiency of the plant.
- Properly start or restart equipment after power is interrupted or as a new startup. Re-zero all axes and begin the machining/ spinning process with the proper program.
- Identify non-conformances utilizing micrometers, gages, tapes, and various inspection methods
- Perform setups and Changeovers from one product to another in a timely manner
- Adjust and make offsets to bring parts within tolerance.
- Read and interpret complex engineering drawings, blueprints, customer specifications, and internal drawings and procedures
- Utilize Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Understand multi-screen functions, alpha, and numeric keypads, and machine controls (i.e., alter, insert, delete, input, up, down, left, right, pos, prog, system, message, settings, network, etc.)
- Operate and understand the function mode switch and function keys (i.e., mem, mid, tape, edit, handle, job, rapid, zero return, SBK. OSP. BDT. PSM. PST. DRN).
- Properly use directional jog buttons, rapid traverse override buttons, and feed rate override buttons
- Loading of raw material onto machine conveyors.
- Perform minor preventative and/or emergency maintenance on machinery/ equipment.
- Operating forklifts to deliver parts or to place parts into inventory.
- Conducting quality checks to ensure processes are completed accurately.
- Cleaning equipment and manufacturing areas.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
- Two (2) or more years technical experience in a manufacturing environment operating a CNC Lathe.
- Technical degree in manufacturing, machining, or related field preferred.
- Basic knowledge of “G & M Code”
- Basic knowledge and understanding of CNC machines related to the operation.
- Must have proven ability to lead and function within a team
- Analytical skills and the ability to understand the logic and reasoning used to troubleshoot
- Planning and organization skills to work on multiple tasks and meet production demands
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Knowledge of safety, OSHA, and ANSI Compliance standards
- Ability to work independently to achieve goals and results.
- Skills in Mathematics and reading
- Ability to solve production-related problems.
- Ability to follow safety standards and rules.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret information.
- Ability to operate industrial equipment and machinery.
- Ability to use basic hand and measuring tools.